Postponement due to Coronavirus

25.03.2020 | Christian

Dear Smooth Jazz fan,

As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the 9th MALLORCA SMOOTH JAZZ FESTIVAL will sadly not be held in its original time period but be postponed one-to-one to 5.-11. October 2020.

At this stage, we want to thank Protur Hotels, our media partners, our team and, last but not least, all artists and musicians for sticking together in these challenging times and having worked efficiently on a solution.
Apropos artists, over 80% already confirmed their availability for October and we are confidently waiting to hear back from the remaining 20%.

We are looking forward to seeing you in October. 🙂

Stay healthy. Best regards,

Sandra & Christian

Update – Mallorca Smooth Jazz Festival 2020

13.03.2020 | Christian

Dear Smooth Jazz fan,

We are responsibly monitoring the recent updates on the situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

At this time, the festival is STILL ON SCHEDULE and set for the week of May 11-17, 2020 on Mallorca, Spain with no cancellations or rescheduling of any festival events.

There were many new statements released in the past two days – many of them being valid for the next 30 days. Being in daily exchange with Protur Hotels and the Balearic Island’s government, we are currently sorting all this new info about how it effects the travel to Mallorca in general and our upcoming festival in detail.
As the festival is not for eight weeks, time works for us.

Be assured, we hear your concerns and will get back to you with updates as soon as available. Your health and safety is our first priority.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us. We want to hear from you.

Best regards,

Sandra & Christian

Travel info – Mallorca Smooth Jazz Festival 2020

05.03.2020 | Christian

Dear Smooth Jazz fan,

This upcoming 9th edition of the MALLORCA SMOOTH JAZZ FESTIVAL is supposed to become another legendary edition!!! Having performed the best sales start ever last July, the interest doesn’t stop and there are still orders coming in these days (by fact)… – no stop in sight. Besides our beloved returning guests, we are proud to welcome more newbies than ever before.

Beginning with last Friday, we meanwhile have received a handful of inquiries from guests regarding the current Coronavirus (COVID-19).

By the moment, there are no event or travel bans for March, April and May decreed neither by the local (townhall) nor statewide (Balearic Islands) nor national authorities (Spain).

We understand that the news and reports in the media about the coronavirus create uncertainty and even anxiety, above all, when it comes to travelling and attending an event.
We want you to know that we hear your concerns. We are in constant contact with Protur Hotels, which is, with its 17 hotels on the island, not just one of Mallorca’s biggest hotel chains but also one of the biggest employers. Thus, the connections to the Balearic Island’s government as well as the health and tourism authorities are very tight and access us first-hand information. We are all monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation daily and will keep you updated with the situation on-site and current developments, provided these relate to our festival.

Fortunately, as the festival is not for over two months, time works for us.
If you are interested in getting some more information about good prevention practices, we recommend reading e.g. this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/health/prepare-for-coronavirus.html

Together with the professionals of Protur Hotels, we will do everything we can to ensure that we all will have not only a wonderful but also a safe time at the Mallorca Smooth Jazz Festival.

Thank you for your trust. We are looking forward to seeing you in middle of May.
And please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions.

All the best,

Sandra & Christian